If you are over 40...
Russian women often get married to older Western men. But it does not mean they prefer old husbands. She just want feel more secure and be sure in a new stable life marrying a foreign man. That's why she is looking for a husband older than herself. What can you expect of a marriage where age difference is 20-30 years?
I don't think those marriages are as stable as ones with age difference of 5-15 years. Virtually all women will not have a problem with age difference up to 10 years, and many find acceptable age difference up to 15 years, a few will be OK with age difference up to 20 years. But anything beyond this will put you on a very thin ice, and you are likely to encounter problems in your search. Young girls tend to be less worried about difference in age than older women: a girl of 20 years old is normally interested in men up to 45, whilst a woman of 40 years old will usually limit her search to men under 55.
Thus, if you are 48, a girl of 27 years old may consider you a suitable candidate and a girl of 35 may decide you are too old for her. But if you marry a girl 30 years younger than you, keep in mind that you have different interests. She will want to go to a party, discos, and so on. Hardly you will be able to go out as often as she wants. This marriage has a potential danger. But if you are sure in your mutual love take a chance. Many marriages between older men and young women are happy and stable.
Age Difference Questionnaire
If you are in an age difference relationship, or considering entering into one, and you have more the 10 years deference answering the following questions to yourself and ask your girlfriend ,it can help both of you gain a new perspective on the issue and help to get the final decision.The more honest you are with yourself now, the higher your chance of success in this relationship
- What experience have you had to age difference relationships?
- What experience has your partner, or potential partner, had to age difference relationships?
- How do you feel this will hinder or help your relationship?
- What are your family's, closest friends viewpoints on age difference relationships?
- What about your partner's?
- >How do you feel their reaction will affect your relationship?
- Are you overly concerned about how your partner feels about your looks?
- Do you worry that because of the age difference factor your partner will desire someone else?
- How many things in common do you have, really? The more honest you are with yourself now, the higher your chance of success in this relationship.
- Do you consider yourself as having high or low self-esteem?
- Do you consider your partner has having high or low self-esteem?
- Are you, or do you feel you might be carrying the emotional weight for your partner?
- What do you bring to the relationship? Be sure to include material and emotional things.
- What does, or would, your partner contribute to the relationship?
- Do you want to have children together in your marriage ?
- If you have grown up children from previous marriage , and they are very close in age with your potential partner, how you fill about it ? how you thing they fill about it ? that You potential partner, think about this situation ?
- If you are currently in an age difference relationship, do you feel you are trying harder to keep the relationship alive because of the age gap factor?
The bottom line No matter how you think you or your partner may handle a situation, you will always run into someone who can push your buttons. Your relationship will survive to the extent you are able to handle these situations, and remain confident in yourself and each other
Corenerstones of Relationship